What can I expect?
- Climate Smart Engineering (CSE) 2021 is an interactive online experience. The program consists of an exclusive mix of plenary presentations and technical sessions which will be recorded to watch later On-Demand. There will also be ample networking opportunities throughout the two-day conference.
When will I receive joining instructions for the CSE Conference?
- You will receive login details via the email address that you provided upon registration, one week prior to the conference commencing, which will give you time to check your access and explore the platform. If you haven’t received an email by then, please check your junk folder. If you are experiencing issues, please contact the EA team at [email protected]
Can I share my virtual pass login information with other members of my team?
- Each registration has unique login details, unfortunately, this cannot be shared among team members as the system only allows one person to use the login information. If you wish to purchase additional tickets, please click here
What are the technical requirements for attending the CSE Conference?
- You will need a device (desktop, tablet or mobile phone) that is connected to the internet. Prior to the start of the conference, you will receive an email providing detailed instructions on how to connect to the virtual platform, including the bandwidth required to view the sessions seamlessly. We recommend using Chrome and Firefox, as they are the most stable and consistent browsers for accessing the virtual environment.
Are there resources available to help navigate around the Conference?
- A navigation video will be available one week prior to CSE, along with a guide. These tools will assist you to get the most out of your experience.
Who can attend and how do I connect with others?
- Tickets are available for purchase by all Engineers Australia members, engineering professionals from all industries and any interested members of the public.
To connect with fellow participants and speakers over the two days you will be able to:
- Have one-on-one video chats between participants
- Join online networking sessions
- Meet the speaker opportunities for both plenary and technical sessions
In what time zone will CSE be presented?
- The live portion has been scheduled to accommodate most of the Asia-Pacific region, it will be run in line with the AEDT time zone.
Will I be able to see the presenters for each session?
- Yes, during each session you will be able to view the speakers presenting along with their presentation slides. Each session will be moderated by a chairperson who will introduce each speaker and their presentation title. At the end of each presentation, there will be Q&A with the live audience.
Will I be able to move from session to session during the virtual event?
- Yes, you will be able to move from session to session just like you would during an in-person event.
Can I access and view recordings of any sessions from the event?
- We will publish all recordings within 2 hours of being presented back on to the virtual platform. Recordings will also be available via EA OnDemand within 1-5 business days. The videos that will be free to access will depend on your registration fee type. Should you wish to purchase extra videos you can do this via the streaming platform once the presentation video is available. Al Gore recording available for 7 days and Paul Polman for 30 days from 17th November.
Will there be multiple sessions going on at the same time?
- Like an in-person event, sessions are scheduled to run concurrently. You can review the program to see all the session topics and speakers and then join the concurrent session of your choice. If you missed a session or want to attend two sessions that are being held at the same time, you will have access to recordings within 1-5 business days via our streaming platform.
I no longer want to attend virtually —how am I refunded?
- If you need to arrange a refund, please contact the EA team at [email protected]
- Review the terms and conditions here.
Are group registrations available?
- Discounts for group bookings are as follows:
- 5-9 registrations = 5% discount
- 10-19 registrations = 10% discount
- 20+ registrations = 15% discount
I don’t want to attend every session, is there flexibility with ticket purchases?
- Full, day and plenary ticket passes are available. Access live on the day or OnDemand. Ticket sales will remain open before, during and after the official event date. Register here.